top of page
The following steps is particular to CA requirements.
Here are some State Requirements for common states we work in:
For specific info on outside states please see:
Enroll 32 Hours
1. Go to https://www.xceltesting.com
2. Scroll down and click on "Enroll now" button
3. Insurance Pre-Licensing Bundle Courses
4. Select your State
5. Select Pre-Licensing Education (LIFE INSURANCE ONLY)
6. Proceed to Checkout & Input Discount Code: PFA ($-179.05)
1. Complete Fingerprinting Before Exam. This process takes the longest, so it is highly suggested to do it prior to your exam.
2. Print Pages 1 - 2 of the PDF.
3. Take this form to any local UPS.
Note: If you are unable to do it prior, your fingerprints can also be taken the day of.
register for state exam
1. Go to www.psiexams.com
2. Click on I'm a test taker button
3. Input PSI Site - Life-only into Search bar and hit Search
4. Select California Department of Insurance: CA PSI Site - Life-Only Agent Examination
5. Click the VIEW AVAILABLE TESTS button
6. Click on CA PSI Site - Life Examination (also available in Spanish)
7. Click on Login/Register button and click Create Account
8. Fill out information, make a payment, then select Virtual or Onsite location.
Note: Look up test schedules to determine where you want to take yours. If you have trouble, contact your CFT! The sooner you schedule your license exam, the sooner we are able to get you going, and get you paid!
study exam crams
These 2 PDF study guides will support your knowledge base for taking the exam.
1. Use and study DOCX study guides
2 Complete your 32-hour training and practice tests
You should be well-equipped to taking your license exam!
Click Below for more Study Options:
apply for license
1. Go to www.sircon.com [For HI, go to www.nipr.com]
2. Apply for a license
3. New Insurance License
4. Choose ‘Resident’ and ‘Individual’ then Continue
5. Enter Email and Continue
6. Enter Last Name, Social Security Number, Applicant
7. Choose State you are applying for
8. Keep processing method at Credit Card/Electronic Check submission
9. License Type: Resident Producer then Continue
9. Qualification Code: Life then Continue
10. Fill in Required Field Only
11. Finish Application
The state will take about 2-3 weeks to process your application.
Please check your email for your license. You can contact your Department of Insurance for status of licensing.
After Licensing, Purchase your E&O and get appointed with any of our carriers.
GET APPOINTED WITH
1. Sign up and Login to PFA Community at
2. Go to Tools and Documents
1. Login to PFA Community with Password
2. Go to left navigation and click on the company you want to get appointed with.
Note: To obtain copy of E&O or to look up most updated version, go to pfaonline.com > reports > uploads
Note: Getting appointed may take up to 14 business days. (differ for each carrier)
bottom of page